Five months....









Hello dear family and friends,
Sorry to be so late with my 5 month update, just a bit neglectful, really. Now that I’ve discovered youtube, videos speak louder than words!…Since my grandparents left, my mami and daddy have returned to work which means I get to spend a lot of time with my new nanny. Her name is Roshani and she’s just amazing. My Daisy had to go get married to her long time boyfriend in Canada, so Roshani came to the rescue. I’d miss Daisy if it wasn’t because Roshani is super nice. She’s from Sri Lanka and has great long, black hair. She’s really a sport and never gets tired of holding me. She’s also very good at making me laugh out loud. But guess what? I don’t get hiccups anymore. I can laugh as much as I want and as hard as I want and do not get hiccups like a month ago. Ain’t I lucky?

My parents are super happy as well because Roshani takes care of them as well and cooks them killer curries. The other day mami had a very red mouth and started sneezing because Roshani had put too many chilies in the dhal (lentils), but it was so good she didn’t stop eating it. She wanders if she will ever fit in her pre-pregnancy clothes again now that Roshani is in charge of the kitchen. All the family, including my grandparents from Spain, love Indian and Sri Lankan food the best, especially my Daddy. For him having Roshani at home is like a Mumbai dream come true.

Like you can see from the videos I sent, I am super tall, like 68cm. That’s because I love eating. Roshani has recently started making me steamed carrots and potatoes and I can’t seem to have enough of them. Today mami gave me a bit of her banana and I went bananas, literally!! How can that stuff be so yummy! Anyway, with all that eating, I’m keeping in shape rolling both ways, swimming in the tub and gnawing my toes. I dip one foot in the bathwater, grab it with both hands and when I suck all the water, I dip it again… I Love it!

After my grandparents left about 20 days ago, I started surprising my parents by sleeping through the night. The first day I did it, I went from 7:30pm to 6 am! Last night I woke up at 5:30 am to feed but then I didn’t get up again until 8:30am. They were very grateful because they were able to catch up on some early morning romance, ha ha. Let me tell you. If I sleep better is because I love my new room which Daddy and my grandpa painted in a cool shade of blue over the holidays. I also love my huge crib which my pepe gave me as a Christmas gift. I like the mobile that mami bought for me and love to cuddle with all my toys…Since Leon means lion in Spanish, I have a collection of toy lions that come in all shapes, materials and colors. People just love to give them to me.

During the weekends, I catch up with friends. My parents take me out for walks around town, country parks and beaches or we go to friends’ houses. One day I walked for 4 hours in my stroller with uncle Beni and Auntie Laura. We stopped to eat at a Japanese restaurant at the Peak with great views over HK, but I guess the other patrons were enjoying the view over my mom’s breast the best. All this, due to my new style of eating in public. I am so curious about everything that I’ll drink a bit, then I would look around to see what’s going on exposing my mom’s you know what in the process, and then I’ll start all over again, latch off, on, off, etc.. She decided to feed me from a bottle in the end which gives me the independence I need since I’m able to hold it by myself. That day, we also bumped into some other friends that wanted to have pictures with me in my new shades, courtesy of my cousin Aidan. In that sense, since I have my Daddy’s eyes, I am sensitive to the bright sun in Hong Kong. Passerbies were just too amused. What else? Yesterday I met with my cousin Lukas whom I hadn’t seen ever since he left for Seattle. He brought me all of his old clothes for me to wear. I have more clothes than both my parents’ together, for sure! The thing is I don’t care too much for them because I look adorable in just about anything.
Big Kiss to you all!

Comments

Popular Posts