No one loves me more!

No One Loves Me More
To Mamí… on her birthday with love from her son León
They’re all enamored of me,

ever since I came to be.
So many admirers everywhere I go
everyday someone new I get to know.
They all give me little ‘somethings’

A red fish on wheels,
a green digger on wheels,
and candy martillos and rings
The whole village it seems,
Want me to be their little sweet pea
who back and forth
they swing in a tree.
Always they teach me amazing new tricks,
A mojar mi churro,
A regar las plantas,
A nadar con manguitos,
just for kicks.
Still others want to play and play.
‘Vamos’ they say.
Hand in hand,
we go here and there

But sometimes I admit, I can’t even care
I get toy after toy
The latest and greatest stuff for boys
We feed the Tortuga, a little lechuga
‘Watch out for that ball!’ They say
‘Be careful! Don’t fall!’
‘Push’! I say, from mi bici, my car
but we never end up going that far.
They squeeze me tight calling it hugs
And pinch my cheeks with painful tugs.
They kiss
and kiss
and kiss!
As soon as I awake and just before bed
They don’t stop till my cheeks are bright red
But if you ask me just what I really want,
it’d be the same as most enfants
The only thing it would be
is the all-enveloping embrace of Mamí.
The only destiny that I can think of
Is being completely immersed in Her love.





Comments

Popular Posts