MY DAD'S POEMS




So many news to share! First is that I'm leaving for Spain to spend another memorable holiday in Gavilanes. Also, my baby sister Luna will be born in the fall and finally, we'll move houses after the summer.  I'm going to be super busy so forgive me if I don't post as often as I used to!. But, anyway, let me tell you shortly what I've been up to: I've been singing, performing and playing the piano at this place called KINDERMUSIK! In the afternoons I swim with my Mom and Dad, either at the beach or in our swimming pool downstairs and when it gets too humid to be out in the park, I go to Starbucks and enjoy the paper and a good babyccino!
I guess I´ll say goodbye for now! 
I leave you with 2 of my favorite poems that my father has been writing for me ever since I was born!

A New Star
When you first smiled
upon the new sun’s light,
I was already half way
into the night.

What to say
about this so called ‘so far’?
What to promise?

Like the birth
of a new star
diffuses out and everywhere
pure energy,
so too
your eyes sponge up the world
Into a pure cerebral sea…

Soak up our love.
Let all your neural movements
like a new star
be pushed round and round by our love

LEON
We walked
Out of the elevator
Together
Just like that

He
Talking as we went
In his own dialect
In his own melody

And me, agreeing.

We looked like
Father and Son;
like
we had been walking out together
forever.
Passing the day
chatting away

But
it had only been the first time 
we walked out together
as friends.  

Comments

Popular Posts